Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #10199
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Mexadventure has good rates available and the rep several different Mexican insurance companies.

Who is the Mexican company and did they pay out as expected on claim. Knock wood, never had a claim and always wondering how the carrier will perform.
All three of our Mexico crash adventures have been in trucks not bikes, although one was vs. a bike (D'oh). The first was a US registered vehicle with Sanborns insurance and the last 2 incidents were in Mexican vehicles with Mexican insurance (AXA). In all 3 cases the Insurance Adjuster came within a few minutes and went to bat for us (really, he went to bat for the insurance company). But it's great to have him around. Otherwise you never know what the Transitos will try to do. They can try to pull all kinds of BS. One thing they like is to take money from the guilty party to call it a no fault accident, which screws the innocent party.

If you are not in the city it could take a long time for the Adjuster to come. It's worth waiting around for them, even if it's 2 hours. Don't sign or agree to anything until he gets there.

The Adjuster has a printer right there in his car and can hand out hospital vouchers to the injured. They can write out a check on the spot to the victim for vehicle damages to get it over and done with.

On my US plated Wee I have HDI Seguros, which I got through Bajabound. I have not made a claim with them so I can't comment on their service.

SR screwed with this post 10-06-2012 at 02:39 PM
SR is offline   Reply With Quote