View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #424
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,334
Heated Gear

The output wattage is 337, but most of the suppliers say right on their sites that vests should be wired right to the battery. While I'm still waiting on delivery of my CRFL, I ride my other bike with heated gear. This morning it was 47 degrees here. I have a vest, and gloves that i got here: http://www.powerlet.com/products.php...FURxQgodQA4Alg

The gloves plug into the vest, but I found that to get the gloves warm enough, the vest was frying me. Then I picked up the dual controller, so I can run them independently. Now I hardly ever use the vest (not this morning), a warm jacket seems to do the trick. As the day warms, you can turn them down. I have the controller clipped to the side of my Chase Harper magnetic tank bag, which should work with the CRF also. I rode to another dealer yesterday, and scoped out the bike, first time I've seen on in person, sweet. Might have to make a little notch in the battery cover so the wire doesn't get pinched, or snake the wire to come out in front of the tank, like I've got on my other bike.
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote