View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #73
scarysharkface OP
30-125

Oddometer: 12,838
I ride a bit and the sky looks ominous again. Time to pull off and throw on my rain pants. They're just regular rain pants, so I have to do this funny little dance where I have to completely remove each boot and stand on one foot while wrestling pants that were never designed to fit over riding gear that's probably two sizes larger than they are. Such is life.

It's pretty atop Cedar Mesa, so stopping and looking around while hopping around on one foot isn't all bad. Not at all.

Practically as soon as I put the bike in gear it starts to rain again. So, I count this as a win for me.

I had a list of things I wanted to do or see on this trip. One of those was to ride the Moki Dugway. Well, here I am. It's raining and the trip down is graded gravel and dirt. Today it's a bit slimy and sticky, but not nearly as bad as it could have been. It's probably good that I'm riding down it. First/second gear and rear brake serve me well and I don't fly off the edge on the switchbacks in spite of myself..

John

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
KLR takes a circular route to Big Bend '13 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887449
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote