Your thread title is misleading. You did not leave him, it sounds like you both made the decision to split up. It sounds like he could then not keep his committment to rejoin you.
I would not leave someone broken down on the side of the road or out in the wilderness, especially in a foreign land. OTH, If I was clearly screwing up the ride itinerary, as soon as I got to a safe harbor were I could handle things myself, I would send the others ahead.
Was he expecting you to wait when he broke down the for the 3rd time? Did you offer what assistance you could?
• Indian Himalaya:Gangotri-Shimla-Manali-Pavarti-Spiti-Leh-Kargil-Padum-Sringhar-Daramsala (3 mo.--2x)
• Kazakstan-Krygyzstan-Tajikistan-Xin Xiang to Lhasa, Tibet on China 219!-Nepal (7 months)
• Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) ••• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)
glasswave screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 02:35 PM