View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #431
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1101 View Post
I'm really interested in this bike. My nearby dealer has offered it for $5500 out the door here in southern California, this price seems high. Any thoughts on how far down he'll likely go?

I'm really interested in getting this bike as a short commute bike to my local community college and back home. I live in a small town out in the desert, the country roads out here are asphalt with a 55mph speed limit. Since we're an agriculture community, alot of the off-road driving nearby is restricted to ditchbanks lining the canals and field service roads. The consistency of which is generally that of an unpaved road.

I am 6'4" and weigh 175lbs (think tall and skinny). I'm new to motorcycles, completed the MSF course about 3 months ago. I've sat on the bike, and it seems to have a pretty good fit for me. I'm interested in buying new, I want to have fun without the maintenance of an old bike and most of the used bikes around these parts are very large-bore designed for the sand in Arizona or aren't street legal. I'm not a power freak, I just want something that can handle 55mph roads, able to go into town for short trips to friend's houses and such, and is able to get me along the unpaved roads out near the fields.

Just an fyi: My original thought was a suzuki tu250x, but seeing as it's not available in California...well anyways. The dealer also has a used 2009 KLR 650 (with only 1k miles) going for $4300 OTD. The next closest dealer to me is about 2 hours drive away.

Any thoughts?
I paid $5.5K OTD for mine, and if I hadn't the guy standing behind me would have. Not saying it's impossible to get one in SoCal for $5K, but it's gonna take a lot more time and patience ( neither of which I had ) for that to happen than walking in the door and offering it.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote