View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #323
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,568
so it was a bit before 8am on the wednesday morning... i'd walked back down to bike...

not sure how many times i dropped the bike... i fugure i probably did.. it was a 5 or so months back now...

anyway, i finally got the bike up to the next landing... from there to my camp it was a little flatter so i got to tent
and quickly packed camp... wasnt to keen on getting snowed on in here... and i wasnt out just yet..........

it started raining...

so i loaded bike then continued the climb.... a figured from GPS that i only had around 200m to climb... and about 8km of riding till this track hit a larger track.... from there i'd probably head the 80-odd kms back to Licola and see if i couldnt get that cabin again... sit out the snow, work out just how leaky tent was etc.. oh and dry boots etc....

so after packing i was off...

but it was only a matter of about 50m before the next steep climb

anyway a fair bit of throttle and i was bouncing on up the mountain.... more luck than anything had me bouncing from one rock to the next, missing most of the eroded ditches, washouts etc..

that was of course untill i hit a steeper lip on the track.... a little more juice so i didnt stall getting up it..

and up she came...

all happened bloody quickly but before i could blink the bike was vertical.... then over vertical....

then i was off the back and the bike was coming back down to earth...

not sure how it didnt land on me... but it didnt

never flipped a bike before...

i'd landed on my arse on a fairly large rock.... that hurt...

engine was still going so i got up and hit the kill switch...

hmmm, what to do....

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote