View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #21719
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,253
Yes a bunch of us will be there. I'm staying at the Drury inn

https://druryhotels.com/ ...
3510 Grandview Parkway ...

Kevin (forestrider) is sharing a room if he gets his bike fixed in time.
I get up early, so come bang on my door.
You ought to bring your DR on the trailer and ride the back road with us to Barbers. A fun/short ride.
You can leave your car/trailer at Drury Inn.
It's easier getting around Barbers on a bike. But do a go-around on the trolley to get a overview of the entire place first.

If this is your first trip to Barbers Vintage Days you will be blown away.
No other way to say it.

I was going to enter the XR in the cross country, but between not fixing the blown shock, soft seat, and the sticking transmission, I gotta pass this go around.

Riding the VStrom up to Barbers and then it's on to the Smokeys for the rest of the week.
Lee Glaze (the fella that bought your 450 Kaw) is going with me on his 1400 Concourse.

EDIT: Jim, I'll pm you my cell number.
All going ought to share cell numbers in case we want to gather at some point, or share info about event times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Guys/Gals:
I am planning on going up to Barber's next weekend for the Vintage Races. Looks like I will only be able to do Saturday. Will probably go up late Friday night and try to get an early start Saturday and stay all day, drive back Saturday night.

I know several of you are headed up. I have never been--any scoop on what is the best way to spend Saturday before I buy my tickets? I would love to see ALL of the racing, and not sure how I am going to get the best bang for my buck in one day... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

-Jim

Madhouse screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 04:55 AM
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote