View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #1044
ADVRadu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Hello all,

I think this is the time to introduce myself. My name is Radu and I live in Sibiu, Romania with my girlfriend Lore.
We have been modifying, maintaining and riding an '99 SV650S since 2008. Only joined ADV rider recently (this is the first post actually).
A short list of mods made to the bike (maybe not all of them, I don't remember exactly):
-"standard" handlebar and foot peg mounts
-progressive fork springs
-Kawa ZX6R '09 rear shock
-HID light
-better seats
-crash bar
-Kappa K33 sidecases + GIVI top plate
-taller windscreen
-folding pedals
-"custom" paintjob
This being said, we went for a couple of small adventures already:
-small rides through Romania in 2008 - one with a sad ending - I hit a dog and ended up with a broken foot
-a one-week ride through Romania in 2009
-a little over two weeks ride through Croatia and Montenegro in 2010
-a little over two weeks ride through Macedonia and Albania in 2011
-25 day ride through Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, with special destination Caucasus Mountains
I will start writing ride reports soon, hopefully my job schedule will allow this.
Here are a couple of pics, maybe not the best in the world, but they'll do, I guess:

I hope to have a positive contribution here and to share our experiences, good and bad, with those interested.

Cheers!

PS: one more thing I should maybe mention, the bike had about 27K on the meter when I bought it. Now it's at over 80K. No real mechanical problems, only wheel bearings, fork seals, fluids and tires to replace so far!
ADVRadu is online now   Reply With Quote