Thread: Heated gear.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #52
Bluethumb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
How hard is it?

I've only used an electric vest w/ an on-off rocker switch. Getting ready to spring for a Warm and Safe jacket but also thinking of getting their gloves. How hard is it to plug the gloves into the pigtails of the jacket?

I'll be wearing the jacket under an Aerostich. Seems to me that trying to plug the connectors together, with gloves on, would be a royal PIA. Do the pigtails extend out enough from under the sleeves to make it easy?

I've never used a "heat troller" before. Looking at the dual remote. Easy to mount and easy to use?

I'm going to be riding a R80ST back from NYC to Texas the first week of November. I'm thinking my old electric vest is not up to the task, so I'm going to invest in a liner. This thread has been really helpful. But I'm not sure I understand the remote heat troller, having a dual to run gloves and liner separate, and how everything plugs together. I'm picturing a wired nightmare every time I mount or dismount. With the old and tired vest, it was simply pulling the plug from the accessory socket.

Thanks!
Bluethumb is offline   Reply With Quote