View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Boise to Chico

I've ridden from Boise to Chico and points south a few times and I definitely have some opinions. I absolutely hate the ride down through Jordan Valley to Winnamucca, Nevada. It's cannon-shot straight for hours, and it's too tempting to run through there at high speed. Last time I did that I was cited It seems so unfair to be motoring along at 55mph when there are no crossroads and you can see for miles in all directions! No, I've had enough of that. Now I go west into Oregon, thru Vale and Burns on highway 20, then south on 395. This can also be very straight and somewhat boring in places, but it cannot compare to the mind-numbing road to Winnamucca! I particularly enjoy riding along the east side of Goose Lake on 395. Nice pavement there, but early on the northern end of this road there are some washboard areas, at least they seem so on my old suspension. Another plus for this route is the fact that I've never had any encounters with the authorities. Your experience may be different, of course.