View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #5118
FinnDuro
Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin View Post
Whatcha getting Finn?
I picked up a KTM 990 ADV R this summer. I have not had much time to ride as work has kept me busy, but lately I have been riding it to work. Today I took the xchallenge around town to pick up a couple things. I wish my big KTM rode as nicely as my Xchallenge. I admit I have not setup the suspension on the KTM yet, and the xchallenge is tuned perfectly for me.

New bikes are nice, but I will not get rid of my Xchallenge until I am sure I have a suitable replacement.
Hiya Rob, nice 990 you got there. As for me, I wasn't really looking for a replacement to the X, rather something slightly different this time. With the winter getting closer by the week here in Finland, I wanted to opt for a lighter bike, at least for time being. And at the same time, I wanted to see if a "very light adventure bike" were a possibility. So, I turned my eyes on big bore race bred enduros. Market is very limited at the moment hereabouts, but I managed to find what looks to be a pearl: a KTM 500 EXC Six Days -12 model, easy 40h and 1500km on the clock. I'm very biased to the Six Days -12 model, with being the Finnish ISDE specialty, with cool Finnish flag sticker sets, and all the Six Days trick parts. Let's see, I've yet to actually ride it properly. The bike should definately be up to the challenge, let's see if I am.

Anyways, enough of my petty bike stuff - back to discussions on Xchallenge!

FinnDuro screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 03:08 AM
FinnDuro is offline   Reply With Quote