View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #89
Fishenough
Team Lurker

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
People drive competitively everywhere,not just BC. Subdued form of road rage,or obviously stated. Or just the perceived right that it's their road,dammit!
There are long streaks of rubber and metal shavings on the cement barriers that line the entrances to the freeway in my town. Ive seen what happens,guy wants to merge,others dont want to move over,or they slam their brakes on and cause havoc. Its crazy really,one car to another,they dont know each other,but some are willing to stuff another into the cement wall to prove a point.
Probably if the stuffer had to get out on the roadside and go toe to toe with the victim of his rage,hed be the biggest most apologetic pussy in the world.
In his cage though,he is the ruler of all he sees. On a bike,I know any of them can kill me,probably with out scratching their car much.
I watch out.
Don't stop watching.

Your right, not just BC, in North America drivers tend to follow the rules of the road at most times all over. It just that from the protection of there cage, and darker side of some personalities, at times pull some stunts that would get you killed in other parts of the world. In places there seems to be no rules of the road, and the bigger the vehicle the more rights you have - and it's absolute chaos on the roads, but you don't react to a perceived miss-treatment. Guess there no misconceptions that your cage can protect you from all.

We can assume the OP followed the Jeep with; his left turn signal on the entire time, flashed his highbeams and sounded his horn, all to indicate his intentions.
Fishenough is offline   Reply With Quote