View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
It's really going to vary on trips. If I'm going to camp in Anza Borrego then I have to ride slab to get there, but if I'm a long touring trip it's probably going to be 50/50? I think I just need to get out there and try the tire pressure changes and really plan for different trips. Do you know if I can hook up a Slime pump to that bike?

It's got a electric start so you should just be able to hook it up to the battery when you need it.

The tire pressure changes make enough of a difference that I air up and down as riding. Run highway pressure on the way there, air down to either a pure dirt pressure (12 to 8) with almost no street (just enough to connect dirt together) or more of a dual sport pressure if there's going to be a decent amount of pavement thrown in and not allot of hard dirt, aka 15ish. Then air up on the way home.

The goal is to give the tire a larger softer contact patch so it can conform to the irregularity of the ground to provide traction off road. It also makes the tire "spring rate" softer so it's less likely to deflect.

Does the bike have rim locks?
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote