View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #24534
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 383
Question Newbie with questions...

HI All,

New 610 owner here. It's a 2008 with 1,300 miles. I bought it used for $4,500. I've only had it for a day, but I can tell that it is going to be a strong running bike. Starts easily. Finding neutral is a chore. Seat is ok but could be better.

I've already ordered a spare clutch cable.

Question 1: what is the brightest aftermarket DOT approved headlight I can put on this thing without stressing the electronics too bad? I was caught out in the dark and in the rain and it was quite an adventure getting home with the Husky's pitiful headlight. I would love to put on the Baja Designs La Paz lights but I don't think they are DOT approved.

Question 2: I feel tipsy when I stand up on this thing, not a stable as on other bikes like my Super Tenere. I've thought about putting on handle bar risers but I've heard that the clutch cables don't have enough slack to allow that. I've also thought about putting on lower pegs. I think what really needs to happen is the pegs need to move rearward to spread me out better, but then I would have to mess with the brake and shifter. Any suggestions?

Thanks
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote