View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
focallength OP
Numpty

Oddometer: 4,159
so here is the score so , far. Im waiting for a puller for the fly wheel then Ill split the case. Initial inspection shows some slight play in the rod, which means shes shot. I ordered a complete hot rods lower parts kit, to rebuild the bottom end. The gears arent blue, but I wont know until I can split the case. So far no definitive causes, the cylinder does show signs of previous wear and oil could have slipped passed the rings. The cylinder is nice and flat, but the head is pretty well warped.

Ill have the case honed just in case, so that both parts fit together perfectly.

Now the cylinder is salvagable, Ill prob. send it off to cylinder works or millenium and have them hone and replate it. Still not sure if I wabt to go with a BB or not.

The head is just a big paper weight, however there are signs of dirt being sucked into the valves, which is not that uncommon with a dirt bike. Just means Ill have to really check my air intake when I re install it. Most likely it happened over time, however I did notice that the FCR-MX carb dosent fit quite so well, so Im going to have to do something about that. Maybe find a airboot from another bike thats a little bit longer.

So lower parts kit should be here tomorrow as well as the puller, in addition Ill replace the countershaft bearings. Heres hoping the gears are good. Stay tuned, sorry no pics, nothing new to show...

I may pick up a kick starter kit though, should be easy to install with the engine in pieces...

focallength screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 01:49 PM
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote