View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #5510
moto-treks
Back Home
 
moto-treks's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Spokane Washington
Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
There are no active electrical components in the Cable that attaches to the AMPS Rugged Mount. In addition, I have left my Montana in my mount for the past 24hrs with no reduction in battery charge. My mount is wired to the CANBus on my 2011 GS Adv so I know that the power will be completely disconnected when the CANBus power is shout done 45sec after I turn the key off.

If I had the electrical schematics for the Montana power management system I could tell you if there was any possible way to have "leakage current" from the Montana; e.g, if there were a "drain" on the 12vdc external lines. But alas, I don't have those schematics. Disconnect your Mount power at the source (battery?) and see if you have battery drain with the unit in the mount - as Emmbeedee suggested.

Cheers,
I would have to agree that there should not be any active electrical components in the cable. My thought was that the Montana sensed it was in the Rugged Mount and just stayed on/when into sleep mode - or something.

May take more than 24 hours to drain the battery. I know I've left mine in for a day or two and it still had power; meaning it turned on. But for sure after a week or two its dead. Come to think of it, I've not tried this with the lastest firmware - maybe something has been fixed I'll go stick it in the mount and see what happens.

Oh, I thought Emmbeedee was going to try the disconnected mount experiment for us as I would have to get out the soldering gun or wire cutters to disconnect the power from my mount.
__________________
Moto Trek'n to New York via the Trans Labrador Hwy, South America

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote