View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Flying Frisian OP
Born to Ride

Oddometer: 205
The perfect October day in Oregon.

I've been reading many ride reports for several years now but I never had the courage to write one myself.

Feeling guilty I decided it was about time to give it a try. So here we go:

We live just southwest of Portland Oregon in the Pacific North Wet. At this time of the year it is supposed to rain, however, this year the summer continues well into the fall.
I’m not complaining, instead I decided to take my bike across the Cascade Mountain range to the “high dessert” area of central Oregon. It won’t be long before the snow starts falling on the mountain passes, which makes crossing on a large touring bike rather difficult.

I haven’t been riding much this year since I have been extremely busy assisting customers throughout North and South America. My job (business) requires me to travel for several weeks at a time, and when I’m home in between jobs, the wife, the kids, the dog and yard need my undivided attention.

Anyway, long story short: The wife is working, kids are back in school, the lawn is mowed and I have 2 weeks in between jobs! This gives me time to put some miles on my R1200RT!

It is 8:30 AM on Monday morning October 8, 2012. It is a chilly 42*F with clear blue skies but it should warm up nicely to a balmy 74*F!
This is my trusty steed waiting in the garage for me to finish my coffee.

Flying Frisian is offline   Reply With Quote