View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #153
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
I think your definition of winding and mine are different...

How does one execute a pass when one cannot see more than a few seconds ahead?

If the road you're talking about has turns with a government-suggested speed of more than about 40-45 kph than our definitions of "winding" differ.

The road I tend to patronize has 2 opportunities for a "safe" (enough visibility to get the pass done on a decently-handling motorcycle) double-yellow pass in 15 miles. And those two opportunities have but about two seconds in which to make that decision until the visibility window closes.
That's it.

Or there's plenty of pullouts where if a cage just gets 2 wheels on the pullout and lifts off the gas it's enough to pass.
Nope ... more like 25-30kph advisories with a few 15s chucked in for good measure. Come over some time and enjoy them

If the heroes on this thread who are bitching and moaning about being blocked by slow riders can't execute a pass on a corner then either the blockers are not going as slow as they claim or the would be passers skills aren't what they claim.

Note: the OP was talking about other bikes ... cars are still easily passed .. trucks maybe not.
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote