Thread: Brad Penn
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,366
I spent some time recently building circle track engines. They use it all the time. The best thing I saw was a alcohol burning big block Chevy engine from a mud bogger that ended up upside down in the mud,unconscious driver WFO for 30 seconds or more. The intake manifold,several intake ports and a couple cylinders had mud in them. The inverted running meant oil starvation for the crank and cam. Two main bearings were scuffed. That's it. We replaced all the bearings crank and rods from a precautionary point but the engine was good to go. No crank,cam or piston damage. The shit works and works well in adverse conditions.

I just ran some of the 20W50 (not the MC type) blend in the Tuono for 5K miles. Towards the end it got thin and shifting became kinda notchy. Didn't bother to analyze and used another brand on refill 'cause I'm trying different kinds of oils but I'll use it again when I'm done testing.

It is good for older engines because of the high ZDDP content and tests a little thick for the viscosity rating. Look around bobistheoilguy.com for some testing data.