View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Trip to Tim's Ford State Park - 10/13/12

Tim's Ford ride report is here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833139

It's supposed to be 77 degrees (low of 54 w/10% chance of rain) this Saturday. So it should be a great day for a ride.

I plan to leave from Murfreesboro this Saturday and take the back highways to Winchester, TN for a visit to Tim's Ford State Park. It's a 55 mile/1hr 45min ride each way. We'll go through Bell Buckle and Wartrace so you could join there as well. The basic route would be Hwy 269 to Tullahoma and Hwy 130 to Tim's Ford. I picked Tim's Ford because they are having Heritage Day this Saturday.

Heritage Day - October 13
Join us as we celebrate Tennessee State Park’s 75th anniversary with interpretive programs and activities relating to the history of the park and the people who lived here prior to the establishment of Tims Ford Reservoir. Bluegrass, country and gospel music will fill the air – bring your instrument and join in or just bring a lawn chair and sit a spell.

If you'd like to join me please post here or send me a message. I'm guessing a 5+ hour ride but you are welcome to camp, go off on your own, etc. Both the Jack Daniels and George Dickel Distillaries are nearby.

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]

Liberia screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 09:52 AM
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote