Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #25552
Jman955i
Falls Down A Lot

Oddometer: 1,710
Well after 7 years of doing absolutely nothing as far as exercising. I have decided to get the mountain bike out and air the tyres up and try riding. I started last Thursday. I rode 10 miles and had 2 heart attacks a few coronaries and I'm not sure but I believe that I gave birth some where in there. It took me 1 hr and 51mins to ride 10 miles on flat ground. Skipped a day and road 10 miles on Saturday. not to bad I shaved it down to 1 hr and 10 mins and felt ok, besides the muscle burn and knee pain. I road 10 miles Monday and stayed in high gear the entire time with no stops forgot to carry a watch so I don't know how long it took. And it wasn't that bad at all. The only problem is my knees feel like they have ice picks jammed in them during and after. I know that the body posistion and seat height have a lot to do with this. I made sure the when my leg is in the fully extended position that it has a slight bend in it. But what else could I do or do I need to just keep pedaling and it will go away. Answers