Thread: Guitar thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #816
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
The Studio Lite came out in the 90's. The body was made of mahogany with chromyte (balsa) inserts for lighter weight The M-III added a middle single-coil pickup to the mix. I don't think these were that popular though and are kind of sought after by collectors. A current day Gibson Les Paul Studio would probably be around 6.5-7lbs if you searched I bet. But I think it goes what the Les Paul is all about. That weight gives the LP that warm, heavy tone.

Yeah I've heard that same argument mine is a 1998 I think (I'd have to look at the serial and I'm at work) The SL isn't quite as deep, but its good enough. Certainly nothing along the lines of a Strat. Its got a nice balanced tone, and you don't spend half your time screwing around with custom gages or putzing with buying two sets of strings at a time because it actually likes regular steel 0.10s . I LOVE that guitar.

My issue with the Studio was that I had to borrow when my bridge pickup decided to fry during sound check. HOLY CRAP my shoulder was fried by the end of the first set. Pretty sure that studio was a late 80s early 90s and christ it was HEAVY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck289 View Post
I dont know much about trems, but on my squire Strat I just put extra springs in the bridge to pull it flush with the guitar. The spring tension is greater than the string tension so even if a string breaks the rest of them still stay in tune.
Yeah that is the other way. Until you run into one of THESE fucking things. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=tremo...6&tx=117&ty=67
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote