Thread: Guitar thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #819
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Yeah I've heard that same argument mine is a 1998 I think (I'd have to look at the serial and I'm at work) The SL isn't quite as deep, but its good enough. Certainly nothing along the lines of a Strat. Its got a nice balanced tone, and you don't spend half your time screwing around with custom gages or putzing with buying two sets of strings at a time because it actually likes regular steel 0.10s . I LOVE that guitar.

My issue with the Studio was that I had to borrow when my bridge pickup decided to fry during sound check. HOLY CRAP my shoulder was fried by the end of the first set. Pretty sure that studio was a late 80s early 90s and christ it was HEAVY.
You wouldn't like my 2012 Standard then. I weighed it the other day and it's 9.4lbs. I love the weight though. Even though my Strat copy is easier to play, I just hate playing it. The fingerboard is wider and the neck is thicker on my Gibson's but I prefer the extra challenge. It's just more rewarding to play.

I'm trying to decide if I need another LP or to get another amp. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Gibson GA5 or a Fender Vibro-Champ or Tweed Champ. Looking for a Class A all-tube that's blues/rock oriented.