Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #25559
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss

Oddometer: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman955i View Post
I'll try lowering the seat, the bike does have knobbies on it, I have aired the tyres up to the max and lubed the chain and sprockets. When I bought the bike I didn't know crap about bike riding other than the 1982 to 1990 years while waiting to turn 16 and completely lost interest in riding because I couldn't take chics out. But I figure since I was a large frame I would need a 26in frame. From what I see now I think I should have around a 19in

6'1"
245lbs
inseam 34"
Do you have any bike shops nearby? If so, I'd highly suggest going in a finding the most experienced mechanic/sales guy to pick their brain about sizing and components. You'll learn quite a bit about what has changed by just asking the right questions and looking over the bikes they have to offer. We're always here to help with the details, but you should at least get an idea of what is on the market today for your needs. I would imagine they've changed quite a bit since the purchase of that last bike. FWIW, I'm 5' 10 with a 32" inseam and ride a 19" frame... With setback seat posts and the plethora of stem combinations on the market today, you can really dial in a bike's geometry to fit your comfort and measurements. It's just going to take some time and understanding of what you want out of the cycling experience to get it right. Great job for getting back out there and riding again.
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote