View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #341
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,570
so before that week long trip a few South Australian inmates, lead by Sundowner were tossing around the
idea of heading upto Finke in Central Australia in 4 weeks time for the Finke Desert Race... a 2 day 500km blast down
an abandoned railway line thru the desert...

i'd semi comitted to going before this last trip..

but after my last little trip i wasn't that keen anymore..

i new it would be a great trip thou.... so i lined Sundowner up to have a bit of a map session one evening...

Sundowner chose the dodgiest pub in Adelaide for this meeting... inmate TonyRDR came along too..

it was a good session but i was still having doubts..

i'd also been and got the results of a nerve conductivity test i'd had and the doc wanted to opperate on both wrists to
relieve my carpal tunnel syndrome that had really been playing up the last few months..

in the end i decided to at least get bike ready... she needed a few things done regardless...

new indicator...done...

new heat guard... done...

new mirror... done...

bash plate

bashed back into shape and cracks re-welded... done..

did a bit of research on tyres and it seemed that pirelli was about to release the scorpion rally in australia.... so i ordered one..

all this happened in adelaide... i had some old tyres etc at my house 400-odd km out of adelaide so i planned to go down there for 5
or so days and finish my tool tube, fit some more worn out tyres that i could do the first 1000kms of bitumen on
then throw away and spoon on new dirt tyres...

oh and also empty a few cans or waterproofer onto the tent....

so i think i'd kinda decided that i would goto Finke... and tomorrow i was heading off to my house to get set-up...

then the phone rang....

GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote