View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #3354
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Great packing! Gets me wondering though, is the weather fairly consistent and predictable while you're out? I'm heading off for a week away and the hardest thing is planning the non-riding clothes. If the trip were all about riding, I guess it wouldn't matter, but my trips are more about riding to a spot then settling in. If anyone here knows Victoria (Australia) it truly can be four seasons in one day, meaning rain gear (in addition to riding rain gear), lots'a layers etc.

I love the compactness of your setup, if only I could find a way to make that practical in this part of the world!
In answer to your question, I live in Portland which is in the NW corner of the state of Oregon. It rains here often and a lot--as a matter of fact, it rained quite a bit the day after that photo was taken. I used to carry a bunch of extra clothes with me for when sitting around camp and then decided I could just sit around in my moto gear instead. its obviously a trade-off but when I go riding I go riding and dont intend to do any hiking, etc.

As for the comment about the Jamison, I always travel with a small drybag for the end of day stops at a grocery store to buy dinner. I then buy a bag of ice and a 6-pack and fill the drybag with both. I need a beer chaser with my whiskey.
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote