View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #1240
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
That's allot of speculation on both our parts. Assuming they keep using the same fork's WP48's and the same shocks (I still don't know if it's a PDS or a link bike) ktm has historically had a pretty high amount of part interchange in suspension. I'm not sure they'd make there life harder with one allot off parts for the suspension on this bike considering how well they understand the wp48's at this point.

I was talking about literally throwing on ktm dirt bike parts and changing the fork lowers around and replacing the shock with one from a dirt bike.
Have you had one of the big bikes? The forks on the big bikes are *similar* to the dirtbike forks, but there are differences in axles, brake carriers, spacers, lengths of spring guides, lengths of damper rods, etc... The shocks are totally different animals between the big bike and dirtbike lines. The PDS system and general hydraulic theory is about all they have in common. There might be some interchangeability between the old 9X0 shocks and the 1190 shocks, but I doubt they have the same length shock bodies and shafts. As short as they made the travel on the 1190 it doesn't make sense that they would use a full length 9X0 S/R shock with internal spacers. The only way to use those shocks at full length to get less travel would be to change the leverage ratio. Maybe a 9X0 S/R/standard shock would swap in and raise the 1190. Somebody will try it!

Yardstick screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 12:33 PM
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote