View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #313
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
lordy Pyndon,,i can't believe it has taken me dang near 10 months to get wind of your latest endeavor.........
Woody's Wheels! This could not have come at a better time. Woody and have have talked at length over the phone about requirements and he has agreed to sponsor my Dakar campaign - awesome! I'll be running some super slick looking super strong Woody's wheels. I want the most reliable wheels out there and to be honest, from what I've experienced so far, that'll be these.

Everyone needs to know about my 21" 18" superlaced wheels with Rad hubbs and A60 rims on my 950. Those things have done 60,000 miles now, through Baja, North America, North Africa, Europe and raced the UK Big Bike Rally series for two years etc etc. They are hammered to the point where there is no colour left on the sides of the rims but I've never had to adjust the spokes once, now that's a testimony to a good wheel IMO....and the A60 rims.....

Woody and I go back to 2007 when he build my first set of wheels. We worked together on some issues he was experiencing with one of his suppliers at the time and got it all worked out and since then I've not had to go back cos I still have the same wheels (apart from the addition of an A60 front rim).....crazy, 60,000 miles later! Not a jot of corrosion either. So, my Dakar wheels should be good for re-sale after

Woody, you've really stepped up to the plate with this one, sponsorship that I did not even have to ask for, believe me, that is not something that comes often.

Excited to receive them, get some miles on them and get some pictures of them.

Great to have this happen through ADV rider.....always amazes me how these things come about. Awesome!

The day I got my first Woody's wheels 29th October 2007......

5 years and 60,000 miles later......

And next up......the 450RR with some nice wheels, watch this space............................................. ..........
My Dakar Rally Experience
and blog www.LyndonPoskittRacing.com
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote