Thread: Lance Armstrong
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #458
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
George Hincapie probably had the best reputation amongst fans and fellow cyclists of any US rider. Perhaps ever. I guess he is now a proven liar as he has admitted doping but prior that had a super reputation.

What were the pressures on LA's teamates? I have heard any "do this or else" type of statements.

The blinders some of you wear are hilarious. What in the world would be the motivation of the USADA to go after someone they know is innocent. How does LA being found out to be a liar help anyone?
don't think any less of Hincapie for testifying. he probably was facing getting same treatment as Lance. which included possible jail time, losing all titles/winnings, etc, etc.

look at how Hincapie was allowed to finish season, then retire gracefully without interference before anything came out. Now let's see if Hincapie will lose all titles/winnings back 8 years or more like Lance?

normally ALL riders under sanctions are directed by USADA to UCI for immediate suspension. Have you seen that happen to ANY rider that testified against Lance?

Still think no threats and/or deals made by USADA to get those testimonies?

this reminds me of jailhouse snitches who testifies against someone who gets convicted for murder. then years later recants testimony and/or new DNA evidence exonerates convicted inmate on death row. this has happened over and over again....

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 05:58 PM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote