View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
mspa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Need fuse block help with my R100S

I have a 1978 R80/7 with R100S components/engine from the same year. My ignition has two positions. Park (no headlight) and headlight. I recently pulled the fuse relocator that was on my top plate, mainly to make room for my cables to have room for proper routing. There were four wires on the relocator. After pulling those out, my headlight comes on in both positions. Everything else works properly, so I figure it has to be simple.

I have no idea if my fuse block is stock to my bike, and neither Clymer's or Haynes shows this board. There is a wiring diagram in Clymer's but it doesn't reference the DIN codes. I found pics of a 1980 R100 RT/RS block that matches mine. I'm hoping that someone can help identify what is amiss.

I mentioned this in another thread, and someone rightly questioned why there is a green wire in the red area at position 30. But I pulled it off and nothing changed. What I am really wondering is if it makes a difference which post you get in a coded area, as long as it's in the right area. I assume that since there are contacts on the back that cover the area, this would be correct?

Mine.

Board front.

Board back.

1978 BMW R100S "bitza" (R80/7 frame)
mspa is offline   Reply With Quote