View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #243
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Just ordered and Adventure Plate, Bars, Risers, a couple of push button switches form HDB, 2 Powerlet sockets and some Hot Grips (Direct from hot Grips) for my WR250R.

The hot grips comes with a 2 way toggle switch, does anybody know if that will fit in the "Switch" area's of the HDB top plate? As I want to run 2 powerlets so I don't want to use those holes for switches, and the push button swiches I ordered aren't two way (high and low). Or do you know a source for a two way switch that will fit in the "Switch holes" on the HDB set-up.

Also not sure where to get LED's to fit in the indicator light holes anybody have a source for them? Never wired a diode directly, do they just wire up in series with a hot lead?

Thanks.
You may have seen a round 3-way rocker switch (hi/off/lo) that fits into the HDB switch hole, very clean and good looking switch. Paul does indeed need to pre-drill for that switch style. This round switch comes in many warmer kits, vs the more common toggle bar type. The common bar type doesn't need to be pre-drilled by Paul. Here's a linky to a kit with the round switch.

I ran hot grips for years, work great, but they're pretty hard on the hands during long multi-day rides.

dvwalker screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 07:50 AM
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote