View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #48
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,960
It seems quite simple...world series should be from around the world. One from Africa, South America, Asia, Australia and ?

Then it becomes a true world series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
I just had a look through the Italian forums, unfortunately -as per the entry list of the Maroc Rally- the Bordone Ferrari Mi1 has been postponed till mid 2013...

looks like the whole team wil be on KTMs for the Dakar as well.

Regarding the omnishambles that makes up the XWRC, I would prefer to see a European championship (Sardegna, Albania, Serres -which is a round of the European XC cup already- etc), plus the Baja series is already solid, and definitely make the XWRC all over the world, lord knows there are more than enough exotic destinations:

- Desafio
- Sertoes
- ADDC
- Touareg
- Morocco
- Pharaons
- Australasian
etc

One problem may be that the FIM have enough trouble dealing with the FIA as it is, plus they are still lovestruck with the more prestigious series like MotoGP, WSBK, WEC, MX to give a hoot about the rally scene. Hopefully it will change now that HRC have made such a high profile investment, assuming they don't only focus on the Dakar, but I also feel that you need a solid promoter for the whole series. Right now I don't even think there is one...

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote