Thread: Sena SR10
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #106
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Hmm, if I want voice prompts from GPS which would I use? I BT iPhone to SMH10 for music/phone. Thanks
Generally speaking, you'll want the SR10 with your SMH10. Now, depending on what GPS you have & if you have the firmware upgradable SMH10, you might not need the SR10? Do you have the upgradeable version of the SMH10 running at least v4.0 and does your GPS have BT? That setup gives you an extra HFP BT profile to connect to a GPS. Although there is a caveat. If you have the Zumo 660, its been addressed many times on this forum that it doesn't like to be mult-point paried and wants to hog both the HFP & A2DP profile. This doesn't work with the iPhone as its greedy too and wants both the HFP & A2DP profile and since there is only one A2DP profile, they fight over it and constantly disconnect.

The Zumo 550 would work fine in this setup if you had it and I'm sure other GPS's with an HFP only profile would too.

Now if your GPS doesn't have BT, then you would need the SR10 so you could do an audio cable from the GPS to the SR10 and have the SR10 multi-point paired to your SMH10. Your iPhone would stay paired to the SMH10 via the HFP/A2DP profile to provide you with music and phone capabilities.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote