View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
DriveShaft OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
It's really a lot less fun when you ask the question BEFORE you put the load in the bed and haul it over bumps.
Yeahhhh...didn't want to be that guy.

Interesting feedback and suggestions. I think I'll cut up a sheet of plywood and coat the top in rhino liner, call it done. I already have a hunk of plywood down in the front to chock the wheel.

The pig is an 1150GS, so bigger than a 250cc dirt bike, but shy of a full-dress touring rig. Definitely big enough to make me wonder what a 350lb pig jumping up and down on my tailgate might do. I doubt that was the scenario they had in mind when laying down the specs.

The truck is an avalanche. So, it's supposedly comparable to the silverado, but the whole sail-panel unibody thing makes me believe it's alot more related to the Tahoe than the Silverado. Is the tailgate up to 1500 or 2500 class specs? I wouldn't be surprised if it differed right where it counts.

I know they make load extenders. But those all add serious length. @Sailah, they would've been perfect for your needs in your taco. Funny story, though, in a 3rd person sorta way.

I wonder if anyone makes hitch-mounted load extenders that stop just higher and just further than the tailgate. for hauling bikes, you don't need it super longer...I just need to clear the gate.

DriveShaft screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 12:43 PM
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote