View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Marta-GS OP
Discovering the world

Oddometer: 149
Thanks all for your good wishes and kind help offers, much appreciated!

Getting nervous, only 3 days to start the trip around Spain! (Monday 15th is the 'official' start )

But they are going to be 3 hectic days!!!

Tomorrow (Friday) is my last full day in Switzerland, meaning last day in office and meaning I have to leave home/plants/kitty ready for my absence. And also pack all the last minute stuff I want to take with me.

Saturday early morning will be flying to Barcelona. Yes, flying, not riding.
Rita is already in Spain, waiting patiently in my parents' garage - We rode to Spain last weekend and then I flew back to Switzerland to work this last week - short flight, just 1,5h, and idea behind the pre-ride was to ensure Rita would be home ready to go.
Mum&Dad will be picking me up at the airport and then we going home together. Home town in Spain is 100 Km North from Barcelona, about 1h from the French border.
Plan is having lunch with grandpa and grandma.
Also visit uncle&aunt in the afternoon.
Rest of the day I will spend working (have to close out some work stuff before leaving...).

Sunday I was planning to spend a quiet day at home with family (don't see them that often!) but I finally decided to go diving (second passion after motorbike riding). Water still warm from summer, so will borrow Dad's car, load my diving stuff, drive to the coast (about 1,5h, not more) and spend some time underwater enjoying the beauty of the Mediterranean rocky coast and all its inhabitants.
Surely will still have to work a bit in the evening (know myself, always that last minute things to do).

And finally... Monday morning will be leaving! Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Still don't know whether I will be heading east of west. Think would like to start westwards, but will decide Monday morning!

Getting really excited now that I've written all this!

Marta-GS screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 03:49 PM
Marta-GS is offline   Reply With Quote