View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
motocopter OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
hey Moto, are you aware of the OHV area at Land Between the Lakes? Might be a good place to play with your dirt bike. I am strictly a road bike guy, so I wouldn't know....
Yeah, sure am. Have ridden there lots since I picked up the WR back in '99. It'll make a good off-road rider out of anyone. Some good trails sprinkled with pool-ball sized rocks, and one learns to work with that. Then, on solid terrrfirma, life is good like the two times the boys and I trailered to CO for some great riding. Loose rocks that we encountered were easy!

What got old was the loading of the bikes, drive 2+ hours one way, off-load, and then repeat plus cleaning afterwards. The boys grew though their CRF-80's and CRF-230's and really hadn't had the desire to ride since 2008. I still love to ride off-road, but just need a place a little closer. They got into their own activities and away went the CRF's.

Once (and when) I get to CO, I'm hoping I'll be closer to some trail heads or, will get a dual-sport for all the off-road adventures out there.

So, since I picked up the Z1K, in '08, and earlier this year the C14, street riding has once again become a favorite activity.

Thanks for asking, Mr. B!

2012 Concours 1400 (my adventuring bike!)
motocopter is offline   Reply With Quote