View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #99
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Thanks for the kind offer MG,

It's still rainy season in Central America so why not head west to Arizona? But realistically I won't be hitting Phoenix until the return leg who knows when. I have to stop in Apache Junction and drive my sister's old truck that she is selling me back to Nebraska whenever I return.

My current idea is to head straight south to visit Throttlemeister in Oklahoma and other ADVriders in Texas.

The way I use a GPS is to get a lat. and long. reading and look at my paper map when I get lost and guestimate where I am. Never had a mapping one before.

Muchas gracias,
Juan
Most of the South America maps are outstanding for getting yourself so freaking lost that you have a great time. When you add the maps and the GPS together and neither one remotely resembles what you are seeing on the ground, its an added bonus.

As I'm sure you learned in Central America, you get pretty good at smelling your way through big disorganized cities. For some reason when I was lost in a big city, I would always wind up finding my way to the zona de las putarias.