View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks996 View Post
I was the rider with the KLR, besides the horrible suspension and ground clearance, after picking it up fully loaded a few times I was wishing I was on a 125cc. I now have a KTM 525 that weighs 250 with suspension that blows the KLRs away

Jack, you are a very good rider and I am convinced you could have finished on the KLR, but it would have been a wrestle. You will be much, much happier on your new 525.

I rode an XR650R on the first ride and it was awesome and perfect (never mind the blown stem bearings the end of day 6). I have since traded the bike and am not sure what I will be on for 2013. I might be on my street legal YZ426...... Although, Scott spoiled me to no end letting me ride his 950SE for about half an hour. If the budget allows....I might be on a big KTM.

Regardless, this is a team ride and everyone will drop their bike and the team will come to their aid. The team work and tough riding is what builds phenomenal memories and relationships. I will never forget all the guys from year #1.
Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote