View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #35
RadoR6
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepharmer View Post
I am skeptical that KTM will discontinue their best selling bike. The KTM 990 fills in where the F800GS and Tiger 800XC were introduced (maybe even the reason these other bike came out , and the 1190 fills in where the big GS, the Ducati Multistrada, Tiger Explorer, Super Tenere, etc etc.

If you think about it, their product line is a bit thin compared to other companies...at least in the street. I think they are growing, and making good decisions about new development.

Now...they could do something about the heat management and tank venting for the 990.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasttom View Post
Don't know what's it worth but talked to my ktm dealer today and he told me that ktm will continue producing the 990 ADV even after the arrival of the 1190 cause the market is still there for the 990. He may have more info on that at the beginning of next week at their ktm meeting.

When I ordered my 990 ADV R 3 weeks ago my dealer told me that production already stopped so mine is one of the last few bikes built.I dont have a reason not to believe him.Even if we all would love to see the bike still in production the fact is that KTM with their financial situation simply can't afford it.Unless they would sell more shares to Bajaj.Sad but true.
Wouldnt worry about the parts.The bike was in production and sold on all continents for 10 years.
RadoR6 is offline   Reply With Quote