View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #20
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
When I enquired, the "state" said it is aware that most mail order trailers arrive at your door "not assembled"! That means the buyer must construct them from a box of parts, no matter how "approved" the parts may or may not be by the MCO and DOT, they still must be assembled, and that is what must be inspected by an inspector that has shone expertise and knowledge of mechanical assembly (the enhanced) inspector as opposed to the regular inspector. That's all well and easily understood (by most), perhaps not you. My bitch was with the exorbitant FEE.
As to what I can build, I built my house and garage, my bike trailer, my sidecar (from scratch), race cars, in my twenties, a garage business before I was thirty, employing half a dozen people, I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?
One of those trailers!

What's your definition of exorbitant? Maybe post the 2 prices for the benefit of those in PA. Perhaps the reasoning in your state is that there have been some happy and unsafe trailers in the state, so the filter is a qualified person who is trained to spot such things?

In Missouri when I had my larger HF trailer inspected I had to take it to a trailer shop that does inspections to have it get the 1st & only inspection. Standard fee applied and took less than 15 minutes.

I have thinking about getting a smaller HF trailer for the moto lately, and build something similar to what has been made.

phat fingered on my phone with Tapatalk

RAGBrian screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 06:58 AM
RAGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote