View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #497
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Yeppers

They called me a week ago informed me they just got one in. Vetesniks in Richland Center showed a CRF250L on their website a month ago. Me and the boy rode over and they sold it right before we got there. Salesman at Richland Center said quote "our Madison location is getting the next one".
So I had to jump fast and the best way to do that is a pocket full of Ben Franklins.

I bought a bike from MadCity a little over a year ago. They came off MSRP $1500 on a new Honda Phantom at that time. No such luck on this one. These bikes are hot, boys and girls, and my feeling is Honda will sell every one they can build. There are 4499 reasons I feel this way. Old guys with cash in hand will keep the demand for this bike strong. IMHO
At $4500 there is not much profit in it for a dealer. along with selling like hotcakes you won't see one below list. If you are just paying list plus a few fees you are getting a good deal. I had one dealer in Phoenix charging almost $1000 for setup and destination. I went to a smaller dealer with less overhead and paid list plus $300 for freight and setup. of course there was tax and lic. on top of that. I felt I got a pretty good deal. They also gave me 15% off accessories I bought.
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote