View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #88
earwig OP
Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstzephyr View Post
Well its been a day or two since your last update. Anything happening? This bike is awesome.
Thanks!

Trudy has had only a few changes in the last year. I finally found the right chainguard at the Clubman's swap meet in San Jose. It's a big improvement over the shameful chrome thing she was sporting before. She also received a new reg/rec and is running batteryless on a capacitor now. Other than that, only regular maintenance, plugs, oil, valve adjust, etc...

One cool note: ADV inmate knary, who is an accomplished painter, has begun a painting of Trudy that may end up as a fine art print. I'm sincerely chuffed to have an artist of his caliber consider her worthy of his talent. I don't think it's appropriate for me to post an image here, but interested parties can get a look at his work HERE.

I don't have much in the way of recent photos, but here's one that inmate Easy-Z took at a campout last month (wrong side to see the new chainguard):

I found a '63 TR6SS back in March and that has been taking up most of my time lately, so Trudy still doesn't have her skid plate. She gets ridden regularly though, in fact she's been my main bike this year, but I've stayed close to home with no long journeys lately.

I started a thread on the '63, but haven't updated that lately, either. Her name is Rosebud, and I had her running great, then completed a huge amount of restoration and customization on her. Just as I was ready to buy the insurance and license her, she started having problems. Anyway, that's another story . . . maybe I'll update that thread soon.

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers!
earwig is offline   Reply With Quote