View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #402
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
Autumn Festival

All Righty Then!
Here in "The Mountains of the East" there are numerous small communities one of which is a little hamlet known as "Springs, PA". According to Google maps it is 3.3 miles due north of Grantsville, MD [old rt 40]. and 1.0 mile over the state line into Pennsylvania. I'm going to do some more research on this town, but it is probably 3/4 of a mile from one end of town to another, and I'd guess several hundred families live there, but it's got a lot of class! .... more to come be back in a moment!

Ok 2000 Census says there are 60 households with a total population of 189! Great little town! My curiosity was peaked because though this community was relatively small in nature, They had one of the most well organized, and developed fall festivals I'd ever seen, called the "55th Annual Springs Folk Festival". Many communities around these parts have these events annually around this same time every year, and they all vary in name, size and scope. Springs did it well. No I mean Very Well! As usual I took a lot of pictures, but this time I found myself fascinated by the people! It was one of the most eclectic gatherings around. Well here we go.

Riff screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 08:33 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote