View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
precarious OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
I have Max BMW across the street, a Triumph/Ducati dealer two miles away, and Japanese dealers within a matter of minutes. Moto Guzzi isn't too far away, either. Depot Honda is close, but I don't do business with them. History with ownership. She's a moron. Amazingly enough, everything is easily accessible.

I have sat on most of the bikes I'm thinking about. The S10, Tiger, VFR, Wing, Conc, others. I have no problem drilling the triple clamp on a Repsol CBR and mounting dirtbike bars and dropped footpegs, so factory ergos mean nothing to me. The S10 felt great, but the lack of a real chance at a demo irks me.I can't necessarily make it to an event to test one. If I can't ride it, I can't drop $12-15K. Part of me just wants to stick it to the Japanese dealers and buy Euro simply because they'll actually let me saddle one up.

My budget is strong. I'd like to keep the cost down, but I could afford a decked out GSA if I really wanted it.

There was a time when I thought my next bike would be a Tiger 800, but, after riding one, I wan't really blown away. Great bike, just didn't hit the right chords with me.

Anyway, just brainstorming. It's getting cold here in NH, anyway. Lots of think time coming up.

Thanks for the ideas.
precarious is offline   Reply With Quote