View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #188
Merlin III
Mean SOB

Oddometer: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dust View Post
Big talk is easy. Lets see a RR from you.

I have never started a ride report that I have not finished. I even keep an archive of all of my ride reports on my personal website. So what is your point on this?

Where in my post did I say that I only do RRs for me?
Are you trying to make things up to justify the fact that your statements have no basis?

No chance of this ever happening. Once again, making statements without any basis.

That statement makes you sound like a self-proclaimed expert on something that YOU have never done. When I post a RR I am not asking anyone to invest their time or to even read my RR. I post RRs for the benefit of family members and friends that have requested that I do so. I do it for them and for anyone else that might enjoy reading it. No one is under any requirement to read it or even open the post.

My RR post comply accordingly with the rules of the forum that I am posting on. Please show me where, on any motorcycle forum, that the rules state that any RR must comply with any rules that you decide.

How would you know? You have never made the effort to write one.

You are very correct in this statement. It does say a lot about me. It says that I do not find you anywhere near as important as you think that you are. It says that I think that you feel that you are ENTITLED to benefit from the efforts of others, that you have the right to impose your own set of rules upon others, all without putting forth any effort on your part. It says that I think that your statements are the attitude of a very arrogant, inscure, and incapable person. It says that I think that it is way past time that you get up off of the couch, actually do a few LD rides, and actually do a few RRs. It says that I think that if you ever actually started writing RRs that you would have a totally different attitude and maybe some of what you say might have a little more credibility to it.

Until you mature enough to quit your whining and write a few RRs, any communication between the two of us has ended. In order to help reduce the amount of BS that showns up on my computer, you have been added to my ignore list.
I think someone is overly sensitive about this issue . I only wanted to make a statement that any RR writer should intend to finish their report if they start to publish their report, unless of course there is a compelling reason not to. I find it incredible that someone would get so testy over that concept, but hey, it is a big world out there made up of many different personality types and that is what makes life interesting. Over and out-done!
"I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure about anything." Richard Feynman, CalTech Scientist, Challenger Disaster Committee member.
Merlin III is offline   Reply With Quote