View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #10667
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
I can't anticipate future events, but we ride the area all the time and have never seen anything to worry us. Traffic to Tepozlan is bad at the weekends as it's a hugely popular place now. There are no checkpoints and I have yet to see a cop.

I actually didn't know about the embassy car in Tres Marķas... The only thing you have to worry about there are MC parts and clothing vendors who won't haggle and stunting squids.

Get in touch when you get here and we'll show you some routes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Gracias hermano. I will take you offer and contact you if I do go ahead and fly/ride. Story on the Embassy car (I'm a green badger ex Special Warefare op). Embassy cars are GM black, this one was a Toyota Gold Landcruiser. Picked up an admiral or captain I believe from the base (Ejercito base entrance to cuota) in Mex City on 95 to Cuernavaca. They got to 3Marias and exited on a side road going NE.a reten noticed and gave pursuit. On the dirt road they got reached and the Army opened up. The only reason they were saved (bulletproof car) was that the Mexican captain had a radio and he echoed that he was taking fire. Yes, they got ID confused. Reten thought they were trying to avoid them. Big mistake and very quick (read nervouse) triggers. I like to stay away from that.
Cheers