View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #7
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelan28 View Post
Well that was the best inexact answer you could write: Violent crash, had one myself, feet hit the ground a couple times and still had bruises after I took off the boots.

The "advantages" seem dont really appeal to me. Im more concerned about the crash protection. As petty as this sounds I also want convenience. I dont want to go on a motorcycle trip, spend a day in a city and have to lug around motorcycle boots, or even look stupid walking around in motorcycle boots. A motorcycle jacket provides warmth adn a much better protection pay off. If I had a fancy pants sport bike I would be more much more likely to get them as well as knee pads and proper riding jeans.

Yes riding in the rain does suck. Ive done it PLENTY of times here in Korea where it rains almost all summer. I hate wet feet and a wet shirt but I hate a wet crotch even more.

Twilight Error Im happy to have you still here responding to this.
It seems you are looking for someone to tell you it's OK to ride without the proper safety gear recommended for two wheel travel. 10 horsepower scooter or full on road racer: My recommendation is ATGTT. Here in the states we are required to wear a seatbelt in our cages. Useless unless involved in an accident, priceless if you are. HTH,YMMV.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote