View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #1078
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,357
And from very late night news---

The first out of State win since 2007. Yes, that is five years ago for you non-accountants. Also now being above .500 for the first time in "over four years."

Yes sirs, and madam Theee University of New Mexico Lobos dominated Hawaii to move to 4-3 on the season.

Quote:
The New Mexico Lobos leaned on an early 14-0 cushion, a 76-yard scoring jaunt by Cole Gautsche, several backbreaking plays by the UNM defense, and a gutsy fourth-quarter scoring drive, to post a gut-wrenching 35-23 Mountain West win Saturday night over the Hawaii Warriors.

The Lobos (4-3, 1-1 Mountain) were up 21-0 in the second quarter but had to hold on to fight off the Warriors, who gained confidence as the game progressed.

"This was a gut check," said Lobo Coach Bob Davie. "That's a long day and they hung in there. This was a heck of a win for us. I couldn't be more proud of the effort of our players."
Bob Davie, has shown good coaching does matter. I am impressed and as you can tell excited. It is fun to have the Lobos moving in the right direction. Even now I hear whispers moving to out right talk of the Lobos making a third tier bowl.

Quote:
The scoreboard domination was the most important aspect of the first quarter, but the way the Lobos ruled the line of scrimmage had to be disheartening for the Warriors. UNM had the ball 13:26 minutes of the first quarter. Hawaii had the ball for 1:34 and had only five yards in total offense.
Quotes- from GoLobos.com

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote