Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #10673
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
[QUOTE=MikeMike;19813579]Here's the link that shows a gray Toyota (used by embassy people and not just DEA) and it was Mexican Federal police and not "the army".
And no, it wasn't a case of confused ID.

[URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/ap-exclusive-official-says-organized-crime-possible-in-attack-on-cia-officers-in-mexico/2012/10/02/c07d0df2-0ccc-11e2-97a7-45c05ef136b2_story.html[/

Hey thanks for the clarification! I feel much better now knowing that it was Federales bullets and not Army! What a relief, those hurt way less plus have a number of bullet fired to kill ratio way lower than the Army's! Oh yeah, good to know the car was grey not gold too. That makes a big difference, never mind that the Embassy only uses GM and black as standard. but you are right MikeMike I should not have posted w/o knowing all the facts, all I knew was from word of mouth. My bad.
On a serious note, feel bad that such a great part of the world is turning into a place to avoid. If it was me riding solo i would take the chances but my wife/ kids not worth the try. This is why I'm asking for people's views of the situation on the ground.