View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
hyperboarder OP
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,023
Possible move to Boise

So due to some family health stuff, we're starting to look at moving to Boise. My wife and I grew up there, I came here for college and have stuck around, but it looks like going back is probably the right choice for us. I'm touching base with my contacts there, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to stop by here too. The biggest concern right now is a job, I've got a good gig here as a quality engineer and I'm a degreed mechanical engineer with design, quality, and metrology experience. I worked for a division of Micron based in Longmont and left on good terms, so that's a definite possibility. Anyone got any leads?

On top of that I have no motorcycle experience with Idaho. From the ride reports it looks comparable to here, maybe not quite as good but by no means bad. I'm not a great single track rider but I love nice scenic stuff and double track suitable for the big 1WD Ural.

On the past few visits I've very much enjoyed the burgeoning beer scene, so that's a plus. Seems the nightlife has gotten better since I left too, and I know Bogus Basin is a great place to learn to ski/ride. Anything else I should be aware of?

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote